CEI Construction Manager / Resident Engineer | Nashville
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. a regional multi-disciplined engineering consulting company, is seeking a Construction Manager / Resident Engineer to work on Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) projects for the Tennessee DOT and federally funded projects for local governments. This staff position will report and be responsible to the CEI Practice Leader and include assignment on projects primarily in the Middle Tennessee Region.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Management, Oversight, and assignment of CEI Inspectors, Contract Specialists, EPSC, and Survey Personnel, and Sub-Consultant team members
- Coordination of all Contractor Activities according to the TDOT’s CEI Scope of Work
- Review of Contractor Payment, Quantities, Material and Tests, and Progress
- Organization and Management of Progress meetings, agendas, attendance, and meeting minutes
- Confirmation and Set Up and Maintenance of Project Records, RFI’s, and documentation
- Confirmation of Contractor compliance with TDOT and Federal Specifications, Policy, and SOP’s
- Management of Change Orders, Force Accounts, and Value Engineering Change Proposals
- Review Daily Reports, approve cost estimates, and Prepare correspondence
- Review of Contractor Payrolls, Employee Interviews, and Contract Labor Compliance
- Prepare and Submit Final Records to TDOT and FHWA requirements
- Establish Safety requirements and compliance for Staff and Sub Consultants
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience managing Inspectors, Subs and Records staff on TDOT or other State DOT projects
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management, PE Registration is desirable
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s license, and pass driver records check and annual drug testing
- Possess or be capable of passing TDOT Certification Courses for Roadway Inspection
- OSHA 10 Hour Safety Certification
- Proficiency, experience, and understanding of TDOT and/or other State DOT Roadway Plans and Specifications
- Excellent Communication skills
- Willingness to work Overtime as needed and overnight travel
This is a full-time position with salary and benefits are based upon experience and qualifications.
Ragan-Smith is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.