Transportation Design Engineer | Nashville
Ragan-Smith has an immediate need for a mid-level Transportation Design Engineer in their growing Nashville Office. The candidate will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of transportation projects with private and public clients throughout the state and beyond. The candidate should have a degree in Civil Engineering, an EI or PE registration, 3 to 10 years of engineering experience, and recent experience in roadway design. Experience with TDOT and Municipal projects is required. Strong communication skills and an attention to detail are required.
- BSCE in Civil Engineering required
- Recent experience in transportation design
- Understanding of roadway design guidance from AASHTO
- Experience with TDOT guidelines / procedures / plan preparation
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- Experience in development of roadway plans and specifications
- Must be experienced with MicroStation/Geopak or AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Tennessee EI or PE
- Experience with offsite improvements for land development projects
- Experience with local municipalities and permitting agencies
Ragan-Smith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Ragan-Smith is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.