Transportation Survey/CAD Technician | Murfreesboro
Ragan-Smith Associates, a surveying, engineering and land development consulting firm, has an immediate need for a Survey/CAD Technician with experience in preparation of survey plans and documents. The candidate will have an opportunity to work on a wide range of transportation projects with private and public clients throughout the state and beyond. Candidates should have experience with TDOT and Municipal projects. Expertise in MicroStation/Geopak and AutoCAD Civil 3D is required along with strong communication skills and an attention to detail.
Ragan-Smith is looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join our team and collaborate in-house with other CAD technicians, land surveyors and civil engineers to assist our clients in the development of commercial, residential and mixed-use projects.
- Recent experience in transportation survey/design projects
- Experience with TDOT guidelines / procedures / plan preparation
- Good communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work under project deadlines
- Strong computer skills
- Experience in CAD development of roadway plans
- Ability to work in team environment
- Knowledge and experience preparing a variety of surveys including ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, topographic surveys, utility surveys, construction stakeout preparation, GPS surveys, records research and writing property descriptions
- Graduate from an AutoCAD or Surveying/Civil Engineering Technology program
- Geopak Survey experience
- 1 – 2 Years’ experience with MicroStation / Geopak (OpenRoads a plus) AND AutoCAD Civil 3D (a plus)
- Experience with offsite improvements for land development project
Ragan-Smith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. Robust benefits (such as life, medical, eye, dental, 401K and Profit Sharing) are part of the benefit package.
Ragan-Smith is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.